Fall Prevention Program
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Joint replacement
- Arthritis/rheumatic conditions
Education on home modification to reduce falls
- Proper handrails along stairs
- Safety handrails in the shower or bath
- Shower bench or chair
- Raised toilet seat
- Long-handled sponge and shower hose
- Dressing stick
- Sock aid
- Long-handled shoe horn
- Reaching stick to grab objects
- Removing clutter or times from walking path
- Place items within arms reach
Our team approach to care
- Skilled nursing for fall risk assessment, medication management, disease process teaching, vital sign monitoring, assistance with finding community resources.
- Physical therapy to establish home exercise program, gait/transfer training, fall/safety precautions, & use of assistive devices/medical equipment.
- Home health aides & personal attendants to assist with activities of daily living.