What is Home Care?
A Pineywoods Home Health provides the full continuum of care from caregivers to skilled nursing and palliative programs. Home health care is a wide range of health care services that can be given in your home for an illness or injury, post-hospital stay or chronic illness management. Home health care is more convenient, and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF).
How to Request Home Health
Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B covers 100% eligible home health services like intermittent skilled nursing care, physical therapy, medical social work, speech-language pathology services, occupational services, and more. Delivering a Care Beyond Compare, A Pineywoods seamlessly transitions patients from hospital to the home, coordinating all needed medical services.
- Your physician must order the services and you must be under the care of a doctor during your time on services. A doctor must certify the patient needs nursing and/or therapy services.
- For your protection, there must be a reasonable expectation that the patient needs can be adequately and safely met in the home through skilled medical care.
- You must be homebound, and a doctor must certify that you are homebound. (You may leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, like attending religious services. You can still get home health care if you attend adult day care.)
Locally owned and operated for over 25 years, we provide individualized care to each patient and communicate with their loved ones to provide confidence and relief to the family unit.
Payer Sources Accepted
Traditional Medicare; Veteran’s Administration and Triwest; United Health Care/ Care Improvement Plus MA and Commercial; Humana (case by case); Aetna (case by case); Christus Health Plan; Infusion Companies: Soleo, Red River, Paragon.
- Skilled Nursing
- Therapy (PT, OT, ST)
- Medical Social Work
- Nurse Aides
- Fall Prevention
- Cancer Management
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Heart & Vascular Diseases
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Post-Operation Wound Management