A Pineywoods Home Health Care’s top priority is the health and safety of our patients, our staff, and their families. While public health officials are still learning more about the symptoms and severity of COVID-19 vs. the flu, we understand the best way to prevent either illness is to take everyday precautions and limit community interactions for all persons in vulnerable populations.
Throughout this period of increased COVID 19 and Flu Respiratory Illnesses, we continue to provide skilled nursing, therapy, social work, and home health aide services in accordance with all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and state guidelines. We are monitoring information hourly and responding accordingly.
Taking Steps to Protect Our Patients and Staff In An Uncertain Healthcare Environment
- Our nurses and physical therapists are taking steps to ensure all patients or caregivers with symptoms of suspected COVID-19 or other respiratory infection (e.g., fever, cough) adhere to respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette, hand hygiene, and triage procedures throughout the duration of the visit.
- Our direct care staff is equipped with personal protective equipment to limit any transfer of illness from a care provider to patient. This equipment includes N95 masks, gloves, boot covers, gowns, eye protection, and hand sanitizer.
- If ordered, telehealth equipment will be placed in the patient’s home upon admission. Telehealth equipment includes: Pulse Oximeter, Glucometer Enabler, Blood Pressure Monitor, and Scale.
- We are taking the necessary precautions to limit patient and staff exposure to all respiratory symptoms by tracking any reports of patient or staff respiratory illness. Our agency will enact measures to prevent spread of communicable diseases such as implementing isolation procedures for patients, removing staff from patient visits that exhibit symptoms until cleared by a physician or health department, coordinating care with the patients physician to ensure adequate care is provided in the home.
- MSW Counseling is available for patients and families by phone to respond to mental health/behavioral health resources as needed by patients.
- We can facilitate a telemedicine visit between patients and physicians with an LVN or RN in the home to collect vitals and any ordered labs as requested by the signing physician.
We will continue to work with healthcare providers, physician clinics, and hospitals via tele-communication, fax, email, and web portals to facilitate expedient care and respect all skilled facility precautions. Our 24-hour intake line is available to service any patients in need of home health care, referrals can be made via (888)-729-1831 or faxed to (936) 634-1729.