A Pineywoods Home Services is now hiring in the following areas: Lufkin, Nacogdoches, Longview, Livingston, Conroe, Huntsville, Waco, Beaumont, Bryan, College Station, Fairfield, Crockett, Center, Cleveland, Groveton, Corsicana, Athens, Trinity, Willis, and more.
Compensation: $8 to $11 per hour
Main Function: To perform care tasks and household work related to the care of the aged or infirmed individual (client).
1. Assists with or provides personal care duties as outlined in the Plan of Care or Individual Service
Plan and assigned by the Field Supervisor. Personal care duties include:
- Bathing – in bed, tub or shower
- Care of hair — shampoo (usually once a week)
- Shaving (not allowed for a client with diabetes, hemophilia or on blood thinner)
- Care of teeth and mouth
- Care of nails (not allowed for a client with diabetes, hemophilia or on blood thinner)
- Toileting – bed pan, bed side commode or toilet
- Assisting client with transfer (transfer device must be used if the clients can not bear weight)
- Assisting client with self-administered medications
- May not fill client’s medication box
- Assisting with medication includes: reminding, getting glass of water, bringing medication container to client, opening medication-planner for client. * Meal preparation for client
- Feeding client
- Cleaning – sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, disinfecting
- Only clean rooms in the house the client actually uses
- Bedroom – clean, change and make the client’s bed, floors
- Bathroom – clean and disinfect bathtub, shower, toilet, bedside commode, floors
- Kitchen – washing client’s dishes, clean refrigerators, ovens, cabinet tops, stove tops, sinks, kitchen table, floors
- Living rooms, dining room – clean only if the client actually uses these rooms * Laundering client’s clothes – in client’s home or a washateria
- Shopping for client’s groceries — once a week for a client with a 5 day a week schedule or less, twice a week for a client with a 7 day schedule.
- Shopping includes: preparing shopping list; going to store and purchasing or picking up items; putting food away; picking up medication * Removing trash or garbage from the client’s home
- Escort/ accompany client to medical appointments
- Exercising/ walking to the mailbox and back
2. Performs light housekeeping duties as it relates to the client. Time spent performing these duties must not exceed 20% of the hours spend on the job for any one client. Such duties include:
- Cleaning refrigerators/ ovens
- Removing trash or garbage from client’s home
- Cleaning the rest of an untidy house (areas the client rarely uses)
3. Reports any abnormal conditions to the R.N. or appropriate supervisor, including any unusual behavioral or medical changes in the client.
4. Ensures that the rights of the client are maintained.
5. Reports to work and works as scheduled and assigned by the client and field supervisor.
6. Reports to the coordinator at the office in advance of changes to the schedule or absence from work.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Educational Qualifications Required:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Ability to complete service delivery record (time sheet).
- Ability to follow specific direction related to personal care tasks and light housekeeping duties.
- Availability of personal, reliable transportation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work in various and stressful environments.
- Able to relate well with clients and families.
- Able to work as scheduled and report to work precisely at the scheduled time.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Able to push and pull up to 100 pounds.
- Able to analyze and handle emergency situations.
- Able to manage time wisely and complete tasks daily.
- Able to understand and follow universal precautions.
- Able to read, understand and comply with all company policies and procedures.