Home Health Care – How to Qualify

Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and/or Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers eligible home health services like intermittent skilled nursing care, physical therapy, speech-language pathology services, continued occupational services, and more. Usually, a home health care agency coordinates the services your doctor orders for you.
  • Your physician must order the services and you must be under the care of a doctor.
  • For your protection, there must be a reasonable expectation that the patient needs can be adequately and safely met in the home
  • You are under a physician’s care who certifies your need for home health care on an intermittent basis
  • You must be homebound, and a doctor must certify that you are homebound. (You may leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, like attending religious services. You can still get home health care if you attend adult day care.)
  • A Pineywoods accepts Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, VA, and private pay
  • Eligibility requirements differ with each payer source, for example, Medicare requires that you are confined to your home and cannot leave without the aid of special equipment or the assistance of another person.